In case you have “a sweet tooth” (like most of us) but at the same time want to eat healthy, YOU MUST TRY this delicious and easy quinoa recipe.
This healthy cookies recipe is packed full of nutrition. For sure, you can eat it without worrying about the negative effects on your health.
WHAT IS QUINOA?
In detail, quinoa is an ancient grain originating from Central and South America and has become very popular in recent times. Additionally, quinoa superfood is considered as one of the best superfoods.
Moreover, it is gluten-free, and packed full of vitamins and minerals, including the B vitamins, vitamin E, Iron, magnesium, phosphorous and potassium.
Also, it has higher protein content than wheat flour. It contains plant anti-oxidants which are anti-inflammatory and anti-viral, and is high in fiber.
Goji Berries are another superfood which has become increasingly popular. Originating from China and Tibet, they are an excellent source of Vitamin C and contain high levels of antioxidants.
Apparently they have been used in traditional Chinese medicine for thousands of years as treatment for a number of ailments. In any event, adding more fruit to your diet, especially in the form of berries is always a good thing.
This recipe makes a delicious soft cookie and of course is gluten and dairy free.
EASY QUINOA RECIPE
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 cup cooked Quinoa (superfood)
- 2 eggs
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- ¼ cup virgin coconut oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ¾ cup goji berries
See here more ideas for healthy desserts:
- Super Easy Dark Chocolate Mousse – Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Vegan
- Healthy Indian Sweets – Coconut Slice (Barfi)
- Coconut Latte – Dairy Free
- Healthy Desserts: Full Taste With Zero Guilt!
- First, in a food processor mix together the quinoa superfood, almond flour, salt and baking soda until you get an even crumb. Pour into a large mixing bowl and stir in the goji berries.
- Then, in another bowl whisk together the honey, almond butter and oil. Once combined add in the eggs and mix well.
- Next, pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Using two spoons put dollops of the mixture onto a baking paper lined oven tray, making sure to leave enough space between them as they spread while baking.
- After that bake in a pre-heated oven at 150 degrees C for approx. 12-15 mins.
- Finally, remove and allow to cool before serving.
That’s all. Enjoy your healthy cookies recipe!